In his last words Jacob prophesied that a king would arise from the tribe of Judah:Judah is like a lion... Judah will hold the royal scepter and his descendants will always rule. Nations will bring him tribute and bow in obedience before him.
Genesis 49:10
The king would come from the line of Jesse of the tribe of Judah. God told David, son of Jesse, I will make one of your sons king and will make his kingdom strong... I will make sure that his dynasty continues forever.
1 Chronicles 17:11
This king would arise after it seemed that the royal line had been cut off:
A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him...
Isaiah 11:1, 2
1 comment:
I'm reading a series right now called "Chronicles of the Kings" by Lynn Austin - almost done the 2nd book and I think there's 5 of them in the series. They're fiction books but the facts and scripture references are true. These scriptures you have in some of these post reminded me of them. After being in Israel, books like that just come alive. I so enjoy reading them. Right now I'm reading about Hezekiah's reign and how he built the tunnels (which we walked through in Jerusalem) - AMAZING. You'd really enjoy these books Ellie. I've thought of you many times reading these.
love ya
God bless!
Lisa
Post a Comment