Monday, January 7, 2008

Where are the birds?

Mal got me a beautiful cedar bird feeder for Christmas. We set it up promptly, but I haven't seen any birds use it. Before Christmas I set out a small coffee can with bird seed in it and they used that. As you can see, they would climb inside to get to the seed. So why won't they use my new feeder? Maybe a big snowfall will help. I've learned you have to wait patiently!

Take-off!


4 comments:

Keith - Kristen said...

Wow amazing pics of the birds at the can! But yah frustrating that they won't go to your beautiful new feeder. It's amazing!

Jess said...

great pics of the birds! especially since now i know how still you have to be!

Marlene Daku said...

I just love your pictures. Your blog is incredible!
Marlene

Juanita said...

Maybe the feeder is too rich for their blood. They like the down-home farm feel instead of the luxurious cedar. Hopefully they'll start to use it.
Great take-off shot. I love how the snow is dusting down!