Hi people, this is me, the one kidney kid.
So there I am this morning in a Calgary clinic having an ultrasound, relax, I'm not pregnant. And the Tech man/guy says, "oh, oh", as he is trying to find my kidneys. He asks me if I have 2 kidneys. So like I say of course I got 2 kidneys. Everybody's got 2 kidneys, right. And he pokes his finger at me and says like how do you know for sure you got 2 of'em? I just say that I'm assumin'. He brings in his expert sidekick from the other room, and they both try to find a right kidney, but seems it ain't there. Inferior genes, I 'spose. Today I am feeling a little insecure, what with not having a backup and all. All kidneying aside, apparently I only need one-in fact in 59 years I haven't missed the missing kid, so I guess I'm ok. I'm planning to milk this deficit to explain many other deficits. So be prepared to hear this story again, and again, and again... "Did I ever tell you about my one kidney? Hey, don't run away, I just got started".
After the ultrasound we stopped in to see Kristen. She has started a daycare, and the middle girl is her first. Next week she gets another. It'll be a busy household! Keep smiling, Kristen!
Then we met Jon and Magan and Jack at a mall for lunch. It's so nice to be close enough to be able to do that. So all in all, it was an interesting day.
7 comments:
I guess since I'm one of your greatest fans and a relative besides, I should have known that "you're not all there" but who would ever imagine you'd invent such an extragravant excuse! Hey, I love you just the same even if there is less of you!
Ron
Ron,You have found me out. Yes, It is true I'm not all there. Xplains a lot. No wonder I can't walk straight what with all the weight on one side and all. Hope it can get me out of a lot of chores. Hey,El, don't you know I can't shovel the snow I've only got one kidney. I wonder what else I'm missing. Any ideas?
Mal.
hmmmmmm don't even go there Mal!! So Jack thinks it's cool his grandpa only has one kidney. Seriously Jack loved seeing you guys the other day and loved the shoulder ride grandpa. I think he liked looking at all the "little people" too grandma (he finds escalators fascinating). Well I should run we're losing an extra hour of sleep tonight!!
Thanks. We really needed the laugh!
I'm tempted to send Tim and Kaleb for ultrasounds now to see if they inherited your "inferior genes." ;-)
We already told Kaleb the story so I think we're all good for that story for a while.
Do you get to go on disability now?
I'm still imagining the ultrasound techs face..."hmmm, where could it have gone..."
when you woke up in that bathtub full of ice mom told you you had heat stroke...hmmm... curious
Yeah, you can get a lot of money for a good kidney these days. Did I tell you I'm planning a trip to Hawaii?
Hey if you can afford a trip to Hawaiiii surely you can get us a Wii.
OK, I'll let it go.
For now.
Post a Comment