O Dandelion, yellow as gold,
what do you do all day?
I just sit here in the long green grass
till the children come to play.
O Dandelion, yellow as gold,
what do you do all night?
I just wait here in the long green grass
till my hair turns long and white.
And what do you do when your hair turns white
and the children come to play?
They pick me up with their dimpled hands
and blow my hair away!
2 comments:
Dandelions (at least spending numerous hours pulling them) can definately inspire poetry. I wrote this one back in the summer of '93 when I had a job at a greenhouse picking dandelions. (Caution: don't be fooled by the title, as the poem has nothing to do with the title)
"Dandelions"
I like Hippopotomi, the way they just hang out.
I like Hippopotomi, they make me want to shout.
I don't like Hippopotomi to be stuck in a zoo,
I like my Hippopotomi in a Pot o' my Hippo stew!
I can see you are a talented poet. I fail to see the connection between dandelions and hippopotomi but maybe picking dandelions in a greenhouse causes you to see things a little differently!
I didn't think dandelions would grow in a greenhouse - protected environment and all that.
Anyway, thanks for the poem. Maybe you shoud blog your poem with a hippo picture.
Post a Comment