
Mal is enjoying a brighter office.

We finally broke down and hired our builder to put up the drywall. It sure went fast - 2 days. It was hard because our basement was full of furniture so we had to move everything to one corner, then that evening move everything back in order to finish. All of Mal's books and computer, etc. had to be put away and covered so they wouldn't get dusty.It's not fun drywalling while you're living in it. Then we had to clean up and set up Mal's office again so he could work.

But now it's done and everything looks brighter. However, we'll have to do it all over for the mudding and painting....
5 comments:
I'm so glad you hired someone. That is HARD work!! (So I hear, I've never actually participated in drywalling before.)
It looks brighter and tidy. Hopefully all the work will only be a distant memory and you can simply enjoy a finished basement.
I'm glad you hired someone as well! I bet it feels good to have that much done!
Oh right on, how great!
Wow...looks good..can't wait to see it. I'll volunteer Jon for mudding :)
congrats! We're in the process of drywalling our basement too. Mitch Janzen (Sam and Kathy's son) and I are doing the work together. Actually, Mitch is doing most of the work, and I'm assisting as I'm able. Your kids are right...it's not an easy job, but it sure does make a huge difference!
Post a Comment