Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New and Old

Mal built a new seat in the area between the houses because on sunny days it is the shadiest part of our yard. I'm very happy with it.
We were given the wood (cedar) and it was already varathaned, which made the job easier. They were 4x4s and we split them to make the seats.

The week before we picked up this table at a garage sale. It is square, but there are 2 extensions. (They are the parts at the ends that still have varathane on it.)

I love the spindled legs. However, it is quite rickety and will take a lot of work.
but somehow, we couldn't say no to it!

We took out our trailer for the first time to the church campout and enjoyed it. It looked quite humble between our neighbors!

2 comments:

Jess said...

wow you guys have been busy working! love the benches... and I wouldn't have been able to pass up that table either! nice find!

Jon and Magan said...

I love the benches!! The trailer pic is very funny. Now put our old tent trailer in and you would feel bigger!