Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nature Pics


Red-naped sapsucker

Eastern Kingbird

This beetle came flying out of the pine trees after dark with a horrible whirring sound and had us all (well, almost all) screaming in terror. It was described by Darrell as being capable of taking large chunks out of your leg and leaving you writhing in pain.

The next morning Tim got revenge by chopping its head off. This one will never whir again!

5 comments:

Juanita said...

Good pics. I like your dramatic tale about the killer beetles. You forgot the part, though, where one yells at the beetle, "give me my flesh back!" after he bites.

Jess said...

great pics - I love the woodpecker one! However - I look like the family idiot! :)

Ellie said...

Nah, let's just say you are our family entertainment!

JonnySnatcher said...

Speaking of beatles...Magan knows first hand that Darrell wasn't making it up. She got bit by a beatle at Fort Steele. Stupid thing dropped right down her collar and bit her neck!! She screamed like a banchee!!! LOL

ellie said...

Oh no! That is truly a nightmare! Did you notice the second night at Cypress Hills I made sure I wore a hood and kept my jacket tight around my neck??? Poor Magan.I hope it didn't hurt for long.