
The storm began Friday morning and Saturday night it's still snowing and blowing, but it's eased up a lot. We had a side door put into our garage, and it came in handy to get out of the house to shovel, since it had blown clear.

Our driveway became a dumping spot for blowing snow - five feet of it! For some reason our driveway was worse than many. As you can see, our siding has only been partially replaced since our August hailstorm. The soffits have been replaced, but not all the trim or eavestroughs. We had stone put on either side of the garage door when they replaced the siding. Our shingles still need replacing. Think it'll happen Monday???

We shovelled out just enough to get our truck out. Mal and I started, then the neighbor across the street helped substantially, and eventually two other neighbors joined us. It took all of us about 2 hours - but then we're only half done! By morning we may have to start all over.

In between the two piles of snow is our sidewalk nicely shovelled out. Not too much of our lamp post showing! Before the storm hit we had no snow at all.

This is our street. All morning trucks were trying to get out, and then backing up because they couldn't get through. About 4 p.m. a grader came through.
4 comments:
Oh my. That's quite the snow-dump. Do I hear Keremeos calling Mal? I'm imagining a 'for-sale' sign on top of that large pile of snow:-)
I hope you are sticking close to home this week. I've heard that some highways have been closed this weekend. Stay warm and safe!
wow! That is crazy! I agree with Juanita - stay home, safe & warm!
We got it pretty bad this weekend too but I don't think it was nearly as bad as you guys did!
i was in Israel during this time...didn't realize there was so much snow out there....wow! there was none where I was :-)
Post a Comment