Today Mary and Martha legally belong to Darrell and Jess.We now have 5 grandchildren with the 6th on the way.
At Christmas time we just had 2! God is good!
Our African children!On April 23/09, exactly a year ago today, they got a phone call from Social Services to come in for a meeting. They went the next morning and were told the orphanage was shutting down and the adoption would not go through.
That day Jess blogged, "We feel sick and are hoping this is just a bad nightmare and maybe I will wake up from it... Please pray that we will be able to bring our girls home. I am trying to just trust God knowing I have no control over any of it."
The title of that blog entry was "Very Bad Day".
Well, today is a "Very Good Day"!
Today, a year later, the girls are theirs!!!
Don't you just love how God does neat things like this?
Don't you just love how God does neat things like this?
It reminds me that Darrell was born a year to the day after we got word that Social Services had a little boy for us (Jon) after 5 years of waiting for children. After seemingly endless waiting, we had 2 within a year! and I don't believe the dates were coincidental.
I believe that the dates of a year to a day is God's way of reminding us that He is in control of everything, including waiting times, and He has a set date when our prayers will be answered.
Thanks be to Him!

3 comments:
thanks for the post - it was good for me to reflect on the past year as well!
Praise the Lord!!!! And Congratulations!!!This is so exciting and God is a great God!!!!! Blessings to you all!!!!!!
Congratulations Mal and Ellie. We are thrilled with the news...God is good!!
Post a Comment