
We bought a mantle clock for our 40th Anniversary. We were looking for a new one but decided this 70-plus-year old chime clock was a better value. It has been totally redone, inside and out.

It's an 8-day wind-up clock. We're always supposed to wind it up the same day of the week.
It's a Junghans, made in the Black Forest of Germany. We compared the chimes of this old clock with a new one, and the difference was incredible! I love these chimes. You can hear them in the posting below.

So what's with us and clocks? For our 10th anniversary we bought a cuckoo clock, which we no longer have. For our 15th we bought this weighted oak clock from Koop's Jewellers in Kelowna and have enjoyed it. It gives the hour, but there's no music.

For our 25th anniversary we were given this clock from friends in Kelowna who had a surprise party for us. That was fun, and we've enjoyed this clock as well.
So how many clocks can you have in a room? I don't know, but in some rooms we have several. And they all have a story.
I guess there is a connection between the passing of time in a marriage, and the purchasing of a clock to celebrate the passing of the years.... Or is that stretching it?
Let's face it, we love clocks!
Don't forget to listen to the chimes below.

I've added this picture because this very bright star has been appearing in the night sky for awhile. I got up early one morning and it was so bright in the eastern sky that I had to take a picture. If you click on it to enlarge it, you'll see the green colours around the edge.
I don't know what it is - it may be a planet.
Christmas is a good time for it to appear!
2 comments:
Cool! I love the chimes. I've never thought about it before, but clocks do seem to fit well as anniversary gifts.
And, I'm not sure if this is it or not, but I'm pretty sure Jupiter is in the sky right now. Maybe that's what you've got a picture of. Apparently if you look with a telescope you can actually see the the Great Spot... I might be seeing things, but it does look like there is a spot in the middle of your picture.
That clock is so beautiful. I loved listening to the chimes while we were there visiting. It was very peaceful.
Post a Comment