
I got up at 6:30 this morning and noticed there was a pretty dramatic sunrise, so I put some sweat pants and a jacket over my pyjamas, grabbed my camera and rushed out to take some pictures. It was amazingly beautiful and warm, so I stayed out for about half an hour just taking pictures. Great start to the day!

A month ago the air was thick with aphids and they were devouring our plants. I guess the ladybugs prospered with all that food and now we have ladybugs all over. My sunflowers, our trees, the ground and even the deck are loaded with them. I've tried to catch a picture of one flying so I can see what they look like up close when they fly. They look like it would be impossible for them to fly - even more so than a bumble bee. I did get one picture of a flying ladybug, but not clear enough to enlighten me.

This one flew away just a milli-second after I snapped. I could see he was getting ready to go with a wing stuck out behind him, but I missed the take-off.

This butterfly is called Mourning Cloak. It was enjoying our apple tree when I snapped him.

Mal is pretty pleased with the size of his green peppers. We have them up against the south side of our house where they get lots of sun. We're eating his tomatoes, peppers, onions, beans, and peas now. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment