Friday, October 24, 2008

Ginger Carrots

Mal's pretty happy with his crop of carrots this year. They are huge (10 inches), crisp and sweet. One carrot is a meal for both of us.


Ginger Carrots

I found a recipe for a sauce that I really like over carrots or cauliflower:
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup orange juice (I use 2 tbsp. orange juice concentrate)
1/4 cup butter
Mix all ingredients of the sauce except butter. Cook until thickened. Add butter, stir until melted, pour over carrots. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.


2 comments:

Jess said...

way to go dad! those look yummy! :)

Juanita said...

Tim said that it's not size that matters...it's definitely taste.
Wish I was eating one right now. The baby carrots we bought at the store are orange and crunchy and taste worse than water. YUCK. I want real veggies that have no horomones and taste like food!