
One major branch of our Russian Olive in B. C. came down in a windstorm a few weeks ago. As you can see, it's the branch we were all sitting in!

It fell against our Blue Spruce and the top 5 feet broke off. We hired someone to take it down, cut it into firewood and make chips of the small stuff. He will also cut down a major portion of the part that's left, because of some cracks in the highest branches. It's sad, I always loved that tree, but we knew it couldn't last forever. The tree cutter felt it was worth leaving the main trunk to grow again. He said he'd never seen a Russian Olive that big.

My macro in my new camera is definately not as good as the old Konica Minolta. I really lucked out on the old one. This one is fine, but it sure doesn't have the depth that I grew accustomed to. Takes a little of the fun out of taking pictures of bugs.

This Osprey was guarding a nest in Enderby. We could see at least 2 heads in the nest, which was on top of a power line.

This is a Bakers Rack built by Jeff Trickey. It is beautiful, as so much of his work is. He has a blog displaying it, so I recommend checking it out at
http://millavenuewoodwork.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment