Thursday, June 5, 2008

They're nesting!

After much checking out each birdhouse, it appears the swallows have finally decided to nest in one of them. Guess which one - number 1 faces the prevailing winds in the west and number 4 faces the sun in the south. Pick a number to indicate which birdhouse is the chosen one!

One of my favorite birds, the phalaropes are back in our marsh. They are smaller than they look - slightly smaller than a robin.

My tulips are finally blooming! I know, I know, yours bloomed ages ago. Mine are late even for Carstairs.
Our marsh has been left to the birds. After digging trenches, leaving piles of dirt around, and attempting to drain it, it appears the city plans call for this area to be left as it is. They are building all around it.

We enjoyed a trip up north to Grande Prairie, then going through Slave Lake to Smith. Saw lots of deer. We really enjoy the green countryside after a long winter.

1 comment:

Jess said...

ummm.... 3 and that is the most beautiful marsh I have ever seen! :)