
This is the marsh by our house. After an extra-rainy May and June we've got a lake! The cattails are off to the left. I'm guessing the village is glad they decided not to drain the area!

This was the view last week. The nests of birds probably got drowned. The rain just seemed endless. This week is sunny and the world is glad! A lot of the water has drained away already.

I was worried about my sunflowers and other plants drowning. They were in a pool of water and the ground was squishy. I piled more dirt on top to suck up the water, built a dike around them, and at times, covered them with a pail to keep the rain off them. They lived to see a better day. This week they're enjoying the sun and growing.
1 comment:
Yikes. That is a LOT of water! We hope you can dry off and enjoy the sun.
Post a Comment